I sure hope that everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving, or at least my American blog buddies. Only about half the people that we were expecting were actually able to show but it was a wonderful time for all. And the best part according to my husband and roommate is that we ended up with lots of leftovers. That could be a good thing. To use up some said leftovers, I made up a recipe that I have never tried. I made up a turkey pot pie and you know it was pretty good. My previous experiences with pot pies have been Swanson and this was much better.
Along with the great food and company, this time of year always makes me think of the things that I am thankful for. I usually like one a day on Facebook but I decided to list them here even though I am a bit late. But really can you be late on being thankful? So here it goes.
- My dear husband. I know that he is there to support me thru thick and thin
- My friends. I tend to not make many but the one that I do I treasure. It is thru one of them that I was able to find this wonderful house.
- My house. Last year at this time I was in a house that the wind blew thru. This year looks to be much colder and I don't think that I would have survived with my fibro in the old place. Not only that but for the first time in forever, I finally feel as though this is a home.
- My animals for their pure unconditional love and companionship. When I am down and hurting, I can't think of anyone better to have beside me.
- My job. To have any is good in this economy but I am lucky enough to have one that I actually enjoy.
- The sense of community that I get from the blogging world. As I mentioned, I tend to be rather shy in person so I really appreciate the friends that I have made online.
- The fact that we are able to afford to have leftovers on thanksgiving.
- My health. I might have a chronic condition but it is not one that if life threatening.
- My mother and my stepfather Don. I am horrible at keeping in touch but I know that if I needed them they would be there.