|English: Turkey dinner (Photo credit: Wikipedia)|
I know that most people Thanksgiving is a day to spend with your family enjoying a huge meal and time spent catching up with each other's lives. Neither myself or my husband have any family close by that we associate with so it tends to be a day to relax and recharge our batteries.
Now just so you don't think that we are turkey deprived, I wanted to let you know that our monthly potluck in November is a huge turkey dinner where I do up the turkey and my chosen family & friends bring the side dishes. Much less stress then trying to do the whole dinner ourselves. And since I don't have to worry about cooking on Thanksgiving itself, I have time today to actually reflect on what I am thankful for.
- I am thankful for my husband Saje Williams. We have had our rough times but I have always known that you have my back. I love you enough to marry you several times over.
- I am thankful for my friends. I tend to be a loner but my friends have become my chosen family and always there to help celebrate my wins and my sorrows.
- I am thankful for my home which shelters myself, my husband and my menagerie. I managed to purchase this home through the help of a good friend who I will always treasure.
- I am thankful for my job which allows me to work from home and to ensure that I have a roof over my head. I have worked for the same company for almost fifteen years and for the most part, have been treated well there.
- I am thankful for my cirtters who are always ready to cuddle and love me.